Wednesday, June 16, 2010

In the absence of posts


I always say to myself that I'm going to start posting more, but then I never do. Well, this is an honest effort, so while I will still try to do well-thought-out posts, I may also try and do some smaller posts here and there to fill the void between posts.

I suppose I should be talking about all the E3 shenanigans that's been happening, but I don't have too many thoughts. The only one of the 3 press conferences I actually saw was Sony's and all I can say about that one is, "ugh." Very few games actually stood out as titles I would care about. Not to mention, one of the few titles that stood out was Sly Cooper... and even there, upon closer inspection, I believe it said Sly Cooper "compilation" or "collection" so that's probably not a new game. It's neat to see Twisted Metal resurface, but it also was looking pretty complicated. I'm not sure if that will add something or just over-complicate things, but I am keeping my eyes on that one.

Microsoft, I don't know anything about. I totally missed their press conference. As far as I can tell though, they didn't talk that much about actual titles either and focused on their motion-sensing gimmick.

Nintendo seemed to steal the show with titles, and actually showed a few that I'm optimistic for. Once again I missed their press conference, but since I actually own a Wii, I figured I'd check out some of the upcoming titles. More Metroid, and more Zelda. More of the things I love, which is cool, but the one that really caught me by surprise was Kirby. I'm actually very excited about Kirby. It looks to have some very interesting gameplay mechanics. Plus, it's bright and colorful, which is something that doesn't seem to be all that common in games today, and I'm a fan.

As I said, these are going to be shorter posts, and that's about all I've got for now. Look for more shorter posts in the near future, sure to be filled with random thoughts on games I'm playing or me whining about how new games aren't like old games. Hey, you never know, I could play something new one of these days, which better be in 3-D. I mean, it's the future, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment